Friday 17 January 2014

Spring is coming and a guild creation

This quilt was designed by two members of the Fraser Valley Quilters; Cher Olsson and Val Smith. In September 2013 they brought 96 hearts and background fabrics and gave them out to guild members to appliqué. They were due back in October...all 96 were returned! The centre dove was done by Cher and Val and at our October retreat they did the planning of the placement of the hearts and then sewing them together. Various members helped with the ironing of the rows and then the sandwiching and pin basting of the quilt. Cher then did the machine quilting and it was donated to a local hospice society for their use. It is truly a magnificent piece, my regret is that I only had my camera phone and did not get a better picture of it.



This afternoon I went for a walk to take some pictures and found I had a dead battery on my SLR camera, but on the way back I remembered the trusty camera phone and took a couple of pictures.


I love this witch hazel plant and usually take pictures as this spider like flowers, there is a second yellow one not far away.


Imagine my surprise to see one of rhododendrons already blooming!


I then found a second one...no wonder the Vancouver area is called the banana belt of Canada.


Tomorrow I hope to get some photos of some snowdrops blooming in a friend's garden and a few other west coast blooms.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

The little book of Nessie said...

What a lovely quilt! It is remarkable how handy the 'phone camera comes in handy! Regards, Nessie