Friday 25 July 2014

Friday Stitching

My Friday stitching group didn't get together today but I had the need to stitch.  This is the Buggy Barn 2012 pincushion.  I decided to make it into a needle case.  I folded the wool in half and shortened the width of the pot.  Then I moved the birds around to fit the rectangle orientation.  It came with a lovely Japanese fabric to use on the back.  I may use it to line the case but then I may do something else and save the Japanese fabric for another project.
I'm pleased how it turned out, I may add a bit more decorative stitching to the bird's tails but will decide later.

Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

This will be an adorable needle book! Don't you love working with wool felt?

The little book of Nessie said...

Good for you putting your own twist on the pattern and making it work for you! Regards Nessie