Friday 30 January 2015

Decisions, decisions...

Recently I've been having a flare up of my Rheumatoid Arthritis mainly in my hands so I've not been able to do any of the handiwork or projects I want to do.  They are still bothering me but when I saw this free BOM mystery project from Stacy West at Buttermilk Basin blog I decided to jump in.  Is it not the sweetest block you've seen in awhile?
I chose the wool fabrics for my block and then had to decide on a background so here were my interviewees to choose from.  A cream, yellow white star fabric was my first choice.
 An old Debbie Mumm blue with yellow stars.
 A dark cream with black stars.
 A light blue with white stars with green centres.
 A Buggy Barn cream on cream star fabric.
 Another Buggy Barn blue on blue star fabric.
 A grey blue version of the Buggy Barn stars.
 A medium cream on cream of Buggy Barn stars.
 Final choice yellow and cream stars.
 Final choice all stitch up the light blue stars.  As you see I changed the colour of the star on the sheep to turquoise, I'm not really a red star person.
 So here is a link to Stacy's announcement of the Mystery BOM.  She is planning on making a button at the side of her blog to link back to the pattern site.  Here is that pattern link for you January block link. The future blocks will be released on the 15th of the month so have fun with this new project, I know I will.

4 comments:

paulette said...

If I didn't have my finger in so many pots I would be stitching right along side you! Great job and good choice for your background!!
P

Anna said...

Yeah seeing your block definitely has me drooling to start this project....

Michelle said...

I need to find the time too

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a cute block!! It's so interesting to see how the different backgrounds changed the look of the colours. I like the one you picked best too.