Wednesday 22 April 2015

Spring Thyme Blog Hop Wool Projects

Back at the beginning of March Stacy West from Buttermilk Basin put together a group of designers for her Spring Thyme Blog Hop.

On March 17 I shared this picture of a design from Debbie St. Germain from Woolen Sails of a needle punch design she shared that I stitched in wool.

Well I've been playing around with some of the other designers' projects along with another one from Debbie which I incorporated into a coordinated sewing case.
This black and white bunny is courtesy of Stacy West's post that you can find if you click here, she used hers on a dish towel.
Here is a picture of the front and back of the sewing case.
Tucked inside you can see some of the other things I made with more of the freebie designs.
The forget me knot design Kathy from The Cottage At Cardiff Farms, Here is a link to her pincushion pattern.  Unfortunately right now I can't load her blog.  The pansy is courtesy Meg from Crabapple Hill Studio, Here is a link to the page if you would like to see the needle case she designed.
Ali Strebel designed a felted party chick for her day that I adapted to wool applique.  Her post and pattern can be found here.  The flower on the scissor case was also designed by Debbie St. Germain and be found here.
I put some white acrylic felt inside my needle book and have a pocket so I can store some extra new needles.
Here is a closer look at the front and back of the needle case.  In hindsight I guess I should have cut it a bit bigger.
I added the bullion bee to the picture and changed up the flower centres.

Here is a closer look at my chick, her beak is almost duck not chick!
I also adjusted the placement of my white part of the pansy from what the pattern suggests.
Love Debbie's flower.
A closer look at her flower and bunny that was originally presented as a needle punch design.
I love doing those pistil stitches.
Stacy's bunny is so sweet.

I had fun adapting the mini scissor case pattern from Reets of Reets' Rags to Stitches pattern I won in November.  I traced a larger pair of scissors and used her shape so my medium Karen Kay Buckley scissors will fit inside.
I'm also very pleased with the turquoise floral and linear print I used for the inside of the cases, I'm planning on getting some good use from this project.  I still have some other pieces which will work with these but they are not quite finished yet.  Designing as you go can be fun!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece and love how you used the two designs in one piece.

Debbie

Anna said...

wow!!! Love all your pieces...i need to get working on some wool...sashiko has been distracting me!

Rachaeldaisy said...

All of your little bunnies, chick, and flowers are so beautiful, oh and that bee is so cute too!! What a delightful needle case!

The little book of Nessie said...

Lovely wool work. You have been busy! Regards, Nessie