Friday 3 July 2015

Creative Stitching in the heat.


Although we've been experiencing a very early heat wave I've managed to do a bit more stitching on my leaves. The centre vein is one long drizzle stitch of about 40 wraps that I tacked down at the top.  The side veins are bullion knot.  The two yellow outline stitches are both coral stitches and the orange outline are bullion loops.
 I added some Palestrina knots in turquoise.
 I decided my little palm island needed a sunset and added one with one of Sue Spargo's new Eleganza threads with a whipped half circle.
 Some Pekingese stitches in a variegated green on this leaf.
 Fly stitches in another Eleganza thread and bullion knots around the outside.
 This is what I'm working on..lots yest to embellish.
 Thursday I went to the Cloth Shop in Vancouver and got their Rainy Days row by row experience.
 I also got one of the Needle and I breaking surf on the beach row.  Love the umbrellas, and seagulls that Debbie added.  Her shop is in Burnaby.

7 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Any stitching that doesn't require the iron sounds good for hot days!! You're leaves are all so wonderful!! It's fun to see another couple of rows, I particularly like the rain row.

Anna said...

I can't seem to stitch very much in this heat! a little in the morning and a little in the evening...

dq said...

Oh Sandi, it is SO SO SO GORGEOUS! I will have to watch it progress.

Angela said...

So love the stitching!

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely stuff, and its a great way to not heat up more without using an iron.

Margaret said...

Wow! I confess to having a running battle with bullion knots, so I very much admire your edging with them! To do a drizzle stitch -- I'd been in pain! ;-) Beautiful work!

Laurel's Stitches said...

Your work is beautiful. I look forward to seeing your progress with each post.

Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!