Monday 5 October 2015

Three more slow stitching finishes

Got my latest three Bitd Dance blocks finished to a point.


But I've decided to add a bit more colour and am waiting on threads. I used two different colours for the woven picot beak on this one.


Making lots of Drizzle stitches.


Even more Bullion knots.


I'm waiting on some chartreuse threads to highlight the fabric wing inset.


Love the textural details in the designs.


The dark turquoise thread is Blue Seas Silken thread, love the highlights in it.


Love making those wonky feet and legs with Bullion knots.


Love the throw back your head attitude of this guy.


Very long Drizzle stitches for his topknot.


Italian border knot around his wing and pistil stitches along his chest.


Those feet again.


Here are three photos I took in March 2014 of Sue's Bird Dance quilt.


Lovely machine quilting a. It of chartreuse along his collar in this picture.


You can see the chartreuse bullion knots along the fabric inset on the wing that I hope to add.


Lots more stitching to come.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's great to see you having such a fun time with your stitches.

WoolenSails said...

That is an amazing quilt and beautiful stitching. I need to practice different stitches so i can use them in my projects.

Debbie

paulette said...

WOW your blocks are amazing...and your stitching is wonderful!

elletaylor said...

Spectacular!