Friday 29 July 2016

Wool Baskets from Dawn Heese of Linen Closet Quilts.

Earlier in the week I shared my finished baskets up on my design wall waiting for a few decisions.  Should I do sashing and corner stones or just sew them together?  
 I decided no sashing and corner stones but added a third fabric for a border that is also cream on cream.  I'm delighted with how they all turned out and now have to decide how to quilt them after sandwiching this beauty together. Here is a link to Dawn's last post on the baskets. Unfortunately now you have to purchase the pattern she has withdrawn them from her free projects. But I would definitely consider buying the pattern if they appeal to you. Thanks so much Dawn for another lovely free pattern.

6 comments:

Kyle said...

By just adding a similar border, your quilt focuses on the basket blocks. It looks great. I just finished fusing mine. Stitching will probably be a fall project.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love how you set yours--better than what she recommended. Bummer the patterns aren't free anymore, but they are worth buying. Awesome job!

Rachaeldaisy said...

How beautiful!! I love your wool baskets!

Anna said...

I like how you finished them up! now for the quilting...hummm

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love your baskets without a sashing--it's a very sweet little quilt!

Susan said...

I like your decision to piece them together and add the wider outer border. It's perfect! I managed to remember to get all but 9 and 11. I'll hope she's selling them individually. Otherwise, I'll have to improvise. =) Thanks for sharing the pic of your final top.