Thursday 21 September 2017

 Yesterday I shared this picture of my work in progress and a few people were confused.  The wedge section was cut incorrectly it isn't long enough to fit the corner sunflower wedges and work with the previous house border...I cut them the same size!
Yesterday I reversed sewed all the wedges and this morning I sewed one correctly.  The lower one is pinned so you can see how far out I was with my measurement.
These are going to be getting a quarter sunflower sewn to to top right and left of the strip before sewing the stem quarter sunflower to the ends of two sides for the next border.
 As a reward for all that reverse stitching that took about four hours I went to Tre Galli Gelato Cafe at the Rivermarket on the Quay and treated myself to a Margarita pizza and an Americano.  Next time I'll get one of their wonderful gelatos.  Maybe once everything is where is should be stitched.
 With the Americano coffe you get a little Amaretti biscuit, this one had a little heart shape in the side.
 It was a bit windy along the quay so these lantern flowers were blowing as I took photos.
 Here is a slightly larger one in full bloom.
 They look like they are made with gold leaf.
 Love the play of sunlight and shadow and translucency of the Calla Lily leaves.
 You can see the shadow of the leaf behind with the sun back lighting the leaf.
 So pretty.
 A little bee checking out a blossom.
 Lovely rich coloured fuchsias.
 Beautiful contrast of the pink Geranium.
 One single Geranium blossom.
 I caught a quick view of the sunset, the colours were richer in person.
 It was a tad darker than this overall view.
 Pink/red sky at night sailor's delight.  Beautiful sunny day today.  Back to prep my next wedge.

4 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Sometimes things do not work out for a start. I know you are happy now after all that extra work everything is as it should be. Your meal looks delicious and a good reward for all that extra work. Lovely pictures. Regards, Nessie

WoolenSails said...

That is a nice treat for yourself, that pizza looks delicious, one food I really miss.
Glad it was so nice out so you could enjoy the beautiful flowers and sunset.

Debbie

KaHolly said...

Love how you disguise 'picking out stitches'! Well said! I 'reverse sew' a lot. Too much! Sandi, when this has been completed, it is going to be absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait!

Susan said...

At least, it wasn't unfixable! It looks beautiful anyway. I almost wish I'd done this one along with everyone else doing it. I always love your flower pictures, and the sunlight/leaf pictures are gorgeous. What a beautiful place you have chosen to live.