Saturday 22 December 2007

Today I woke up to a sprinkle of snow covering the courtyard to my surprise! Tonight I'm going to my friend Tricia's for a Christmas celebration. What a great way to start the day.
Yesterday I had lunch at my friend Rita's with another friend Tricia. These chickadees were enjoying their lunch also.

This is what the quay looks like in late fall. I love the light at this time of year filtering through the bare branches.
The reflection on the water is just delightful, I see a quilt in my future to reflect this time of year.

On Thursday I went to downtown Vancouver to have lunch with my friend Heather. I went for a walk along Robson Street and found this wonderful window with some vintage typewriters with Wish Lists.
Robson Street has some amazing shops and lovely decorations along it. At night it is a wonderland of lights.
I could only get a few of these trees and red boxes in my picture, but look how effective they look.
I found this tree topper on Thursday, and like it just standing on my mantle.


I found this tree to join some of my many angels on the mantle.

This is the my favourite of my many little trees. I found it in L.A. when I went to the Rose Parade 2006, you'll remember it was the first time in 50 years that it rained!

2 comments:

Karen in Tucson said...

Hi Sandi,
What lovely photos - love the red trees & boxes and the topper and blue tree on your mantel.
Cold and sunny in Tucson this Saturday before Christmas.
Karen in Tucson

Carol said...

Hi Sandi,
How cute!
I've never seen a chickadee before. It is so cold, they look as if they're really enjoying their winter feast! Bless Rita for making sure they're bellies are full so they can fight off the cold!