Sunday 3 February 2008

Spring is just around the corner...the mountains had a fresh dusting of snow yesterday morning and I went out for a lovely walk after having brunch with a friend. You can see the Skytrain, Patullo and train bridges over the Fraser River with the mountains behind. The paddlewheeler "The Native" can be seen on the left with the Samson V sternwheeler is just behind. http://samsonmuseum.org/index.htm I spotted these snowdrops blooming in my friend Rita's garden. I'll have to go back and see when more of them come out. A sure sign that Spring is near.
No walk is complete without a brief stop at the witch hazel plant. It is covered with buds right now. The yellow one is harder to get pictures of and I do love the orange/yellow of this one better. It looked so lovely in the bright sunshine on Groundhog day.


No comments: