Thursday 14 February 2019

Happy Valentine's Day and Snow Days on the New Westminster Quay.

This quilt top was the result of a heart swap I did with my Mary Lou Weidman yahoo group several years ago.  I went overboard making hearts and it has ended up a small twin size.  I have it prepped for quilting but haven't tackled it yet.
 Sunday morning a day late the snow started to fall with very fine flakes.  I went out and at times it was coming horizontally towards me hurting exposed flesh.  I saw at least 3 joggers along the walkways.
 This is facing east at the bend of the river.
 Looking west you can see the difference of the blowing wind.
 The witch hazel was starting to be covered.
 The yellow witch hazel is a bit more protected.
 Back looking from my condo.
 About an hour later.
 I went out around 10 pm and the road was covered and several cars.
 Lobby view.
 Outside about 10.
 About 4-5 inches in the protected area of our front driveway.
 Next day on Monday I went out for another walk.
 Lots on the witch hazel.
 This poor daffodil is up to it's neck.
 The Native Paddle wheeler at the dock.
 Spotted a Robin a humming bird buzzed in and out before I could snap the picture.
 Some more birds joining the robin, chickadees or sparrow, hard to see their marking and another robin.
 Startled by an eagle flying overhead.
 A few poking thru but the rest were basically buried.
 Love the blue in the sky and the green of the leaves on the palm.
 Lobby view lots of snow on the ice.
 Viewed from my condo.
 Looking across the river, you can hardly see the sidewalks in our courtyard but a few people have walked one of the paths.
 Wednesday Rita and I went for lunch at Angelina's, this tree looked amazing.
 More ice and snow on the river.
 A pigeon swooped by.
 Looking west along the river, the plowing stopped here so walking was a bit dicey.
 Rita's flowerbeds are covered.
 Snow starting to melt on the yellow witch hazel.
 Same with the orange.
 Rita and her two dogs walking, Cupcake looking back and Buddy moving forward.
 The mountains peeking out behind some low clouds.
 Even more snow melted in the half hour.
 Lovely colours.
 Snow on the winter flowering Viburnum.
 Love this picture.
 View from the walkway.
 Crow hanging out.
 More higher in the tree.
 Playing peek a boo.
 Day moon out.  When I enlarge this picture it's hard to see.
 Don't know if you can see the moon here.
 Lobby view things are melting.
 This car hasn't moved since the snow started or the ones behind.
 This morning it's about -3C with a high of 3C later with possibly some snow and rain.  More snow may arrive or maybe rain.
 Ice is melting in the ponds.
 You can see the top of the table.
 Working on my block 3 of Fresh Cut.  Stitched wool pieces on last night and then removed them along with the green crescent shape to the left as I misplaced and forgot to sew some of the cotton pieces.  Back to the drawing board later today.
Short attempt at showing the ice flowing down the river.  Hard to see the screen in the bright sunlight.  A helicopter flew over head but you'll get the idea.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your heart quilt is wonderful and fun to make quilts from swaps.
Love seeing your photos, everything looks so beautiful in the snow.

Debbie

Susan said...

Amazing photos. I always think you live in a fabulous place. What a view you have.