Sunday 22 March 2009

Spring flowers are popping up all along the quay. This morning I went for a walk after breakfast and took some pictures. These beautiful flowers grow in my friend Rita's garden, I don't recall their name but will find out and label them later. They are called hellebores.
I love the purple veins on these crocuses.
Here some daffodils are pushing through the soil and reaching up towards the sun.
These star shaped flowers are growing in large clumps in the gardens along the boardwalk.
The rhododendrons are pushing foward, these plants flower very early in the year and often bloom later again.

2 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Spring is a wonderful time of year. Enjoyed seeing all the lovely flowers. Regards, Nessie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi,
The top flowers are Hellebores - or winter roses - my Mum had them in her wedding bouquet - over 55 years ago!
Quilty hugs
Jane