Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween

Saturday I went to the local garden shop and found this delightful lady hanging about waiting for someone to take her home.  I think she looks lovely hanging in front of my grandparent's mirror over my fireplace.
 Also on display was this hybrid VW Bug/Spider looking rather creepy.
 I decided to take some pictures of some of my Autumn quilts.  This is a Mary Lou Weidman chicken quilt that was featured in a magazine several years ago.
 This table runner pattern I got on a trip to New England, it also has an apple design as an alternate.
 I took the above basic table runner and merged it with a turkey pattern from another pattern.
 I found this Holiday Baskets pattern by Cheri Saffiote several years ago and had lots of fun deciding on fabrics.  I ran out of my pumpkin fabric and substituted a polka dot one for fun.
 Driving down to California I found this pattern Ghoulish Fantasy by Pine Tree Lodge.  I made a few creative modifications to make it my own.  I call mine the Three Amigos!
 In the lower corner I stitched a spiders web and added this fun pin.
 My moon is different and I added this witch checking it out.
 Boo says the ghost.
 I added faceted eyes to my black cats.  This guy has a 3 D tail and the tops of the fence are made with prairie points.
This next quilt was made in a workshop with Jane Sassaman, so I call it October Weekend with Jane.
 My friend Ethel designed this fun group of pumpkins for a guild workshop.  I decided to have 4 different borders.  Check out the candy buttons the witches are dancing among.
 The names escapes me of this pattern's designer, but I love the sentiment.
 I think this is from Nancy Halvorsen's Art to Heart collection. 
 Saturday night the sky was looking particularly Halloweenish.
 Milady bits you all a safe and Happy Halloween!
Trick or Treat!

2 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Some great fall projects.
I made that same turkey table runner years ago.
Love the sunset photo.

The little book of Nessie said...

Enjoyed looking at all those Halloween and autumn projects. Love the sunset. Regards, Nessie