Thursday 14 March 2013

Mary Lou Weidman Cow Parade and a hoochy tree swap!

Mary Lou Weidman along with Mel McFarlane co-authored a book called Out of the Box with easy blocks.  One of the blocks is a cow quilt.  There is currently a Cow Parade at Back Porch Fabrics in Monterey, California.  The purple quilt was made by Rebecka Schaffer and she called it "She Eats The Meadow Flowers."                                                                                                                       
 Mel was kind enough to send me some pictures taken at the shop.  Mary Lou Weidman in standing in front of Connie Donaldson's quilt "Frosty AMOOsement."  Above is Joanne Corte's "MOOey Fiesta."  To the right is Patricia S. Woods' "Dia de los MOOertros."
 Here is a different view of the gallery.  I've visited this shop before and always admire the displays they put on.  On the left wall is Mollly Evangelisti's "Boo MOO,"  Peggy Baldwin-Clayton's "And The Cow Says BOO."  On the centre wall is "ChoCOWlate" again by Patricia S. Woods, Rebecka's quilt and below it is "Miss MOO La La at the MOOlin Rouge" by Sandy Fisher.  On the far right is my quilt "The Cow Jumped over the MOOn."
 This my quilt, I wish I had put some buttons on before and after the words....
Mary Lou has a yahoo on line swap group and these were the flying geese trees I sent off for the exchange.  The rules were soft turquoise for background along with polka dots for the geese and stripes for the tree trunks.  I used three different fabrics for my backgrounds and am pleased with the results. 
 Here is a close up of half the trees.
Here is the other half.
 Here are some of the ones I received back.
 Here is the rest of the orange ones on the left.
 Plus three of mine back, we had one person drop out and one person was counted twice so we got an extra one back.  Are these not all wonderful!
Many thanks to all the ladies who participated and especially Mary Lou for her wonderful sense of colour and design in inspiring us to work outside the box.

1 comment:

carla said...

Hi!!! I followed over from Mary Lou's yahoo group!!! I love your cow and all the trees are wonderful!!!! I am glad to get to see some of the swap blocks!!!! Thank You