I'm interested in quilting, antiques, travel, and photography. I hope to share these with you
Tuesday, 16 May 2017
Tulip Quilt in progress.
I decided to make my blocks larger and in a combination of low volume black and whites along with blue and white fabrics. Here are the blocks laid out on my design wall. This is from the latest Quiltmania magazine and is on the cover .
Then I added stems which will be stitched between the blocks.
I then started laying additional stems that will be appliqued down. Some stems will cross over two block heights. At this point I had 7 rows.
I put up a few flowers and leaves to see how it was looking. The leaves are my design not included in the magazine.
I decided I wanted one more row to make it 8 and also made it wider. The rows have been sewn into pairs so some of the stems will extend over the seam lines.
Playing with tulip placements and a few leaves.
Adding some more leaves.
The top two rows are finished I think...you never know. They are not the same length so I can play with how the sewn in stems will stagger down the length.
A closer view of the tulips from left...
Centre...the top one will be partially sewn into the binding.
and the right side.
Now to start on rows 3 and 4. I'm loving how this is coming together.