Friday 20 July 2018

On The Road to Sisters

Day 2 started at Piece by Piece Quilt Shop in Eugene Oregon. This is one of my favourite shops in the area with it's Modern Quilt influences.
 Elizabeth Hartman Sea Creatures.
 Love this rainbow quilt on the brick wall.
 This quilt was made by Ken, I think it takes 14 different fabrics that you sew and cut to obtain the design.
 While waiting for the store to open I chatted with Jan and Teresa from the Twin Cities in Minnesota.  She was picking out fabrics for the above quilt with Ken.
 Next stop was Something to Crow About in Springfield Oregon. Sorry no pictures this visit.

A quick stop in Seamingly Creative in Sweet Home Oregon. This is a small multipurpose fabric shop with some great prices.

Then onto Finally Together Quilt Shop in Lebanon Oregon. Oh My! I can't believe I haven't been here before.  What is even more interesting is that the shop owner Paula is a cousin of my friend Lori's husband and they live in Bend.  She didn't want her picture taken but her shop is amazing.  Her row by row block can be a long horizontal or vertical strip or a large square.
 Fun musical fabrics on these spools of thread.
 This is a huge store packed to the rafters with wonderful projects and displays.
 Check out this antique case filled with fabrics.
 Reusing an old china cabinet and hutch.
 Another cabinet filled with fabrics.
 Quilts, notions, what do you need?
 The classroom is filled with old mismatched dining tables!
 I love this Violet Craft elephant in the grey colours.
 Quilt and old machines hung over the exit door.
 Exterior shop, love that laminated pictures of the fabric on the shelves.
 Next stop was The Stitchin Post in Sisters Oregon. Quick visit inside to look around because on show day you will need a shoe horn to get around.
 Love the Marmalade Dreams fabric line by Valori Wells.  She has taken over the management of the store from her mom and has changed the layout of the store.
 Cute whimsical village.
 Lots of wonderful quilts on display.
 Truly a quilter's delight to visit.
 Their previous 2016 and
 2017 Row by Row designs.  With the handover from Jean to Valori they didn't design a 2018 row.
 Scott Hansen from Blue Nickel Studios designed this great Christmas Tree quilt.
 More samples from Valori's Marmalade Dreams line.
 Got these orange batiks from Finally Together for my Curiosity Duck quilt.
 Something to Crow about has a wonderful wall quilt that she changed the blue jays to crows. I have to admit I don't think I would have bought this pattern had I not seen Kinnette's version that you can see here.
 Some yellow and oranges from Sew Many Quilts, sorry no pictures from my visit to the store. They moved to a new location which is a much brighter store.
 At Quiltworks I found these fun greens and the license plate. They didn't do a row this year as they were featured in Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler.
 Couldn't resist this pink polka dot set of tweezers/
 From Piece by Piece I got some yellows and neutral for my Sunflower Smile that will be arriving in the mail.  I didn't take a picture of their row but it is based on a line in the poem A Day Of Sunshine by Henry Wadsworth.
Oh, the picture of the bathroom was from a Motel 6!  I never would have guessed unless I saw it myself.

4 comments:

Mysonsmom95 said...

That shop in Lebanon looks nice. I love the wonky house quilt.

Always good to see you. Next year, hopefully can visit a bit more. Hoping to be rv'ing with Carrie

WoolenSails said...

Great shops and great quilts on display.

Debbie

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Lots of fun shopping opportunities! I love seeing how each shop has a different "personality"!

Susan said...

I always love these posts. I'm glad to know Something to Crow About is still there. My friend and I stopped there every time we went to Sisters. I look forward to seeing a quilt called Orange Duck. =)