Friday 7 December 2018

December, What Happened to November? Dinky-Doo Quilt Shop "Not So Grand Opening."

We've had an incredible stretch of great weather the past few weeks and now have some snow on our local mountains.  Several of our local ski hills have opened for the season and more joining soon.
 The World's Tallest Tin Man looking dapper against the blue skies earlier this week.
 Today I went out to Pitt Meadows for Dinky-Doo Quilt Shop's "Not So Grand Opening!"  The space is huge and they are still working on filling it up.
 I stood in front of their double wide fabrics and took a picture across the space.  It's located in an industrial area near the Pitt Meadow's Airport.  They also have an online quilt shop click here to view.
 Looking to the left where Brandon was busy cutting fabrics.
 Their double wide and fireside backing fabrics I was standing in front of when I took the first two pictures.
 Their Dinky-Doo mascot busy sewing for Christmas.
 Some of their newly arrived fabrics and the Glide sewing thread wall at the back.
 Wall of Aurifil threads and some other goodies in the window.
 Their wall of Moda solid colours.
 More temptation with pre-cuts on top.
 Standing outside looking at some of the parking and fields beyond.  Some Canada Geese flew overhead just as I stepped out.
 Things I couldn't resist when I was checking out the shop.  Great sale and an additional 10% off your total purchase today and tomorrow!
 Looks like a change in the weather tonight.  We may get some freezing rain and or snow overnight.
 What happened to November?
 Some of the toadstools I saw in November.
 Love these rounded ones, they start out rounded and a bit yellow as they emerge from the ground and then the stems lengthen and the top flattens.
 Some of the colourful maples held on to the end of the month.
 Some of the gorgeous blue skies we had.
 Pretty red maple leaves.
 My friend was going to send this sewing basket to the thrift shop and she let me take it home!
 Love the inside smocked effect.
 Made in Czechoslovakia.
 It reminded me of my little hexagon sewing box. Similar woven design.
 Mine has green accents and no smocking inside.
 I'm guessing the original owners name.
 The two on top of each other.
 Mine inside the larger one.
 Gorgeous crescent moon and sunset.
 Sitting under the bare trees and looking up along the trunk and branches.
 I prepped about 80 or more leaves for my Grasshopper quilt and am sewing them on.
 A picture of all the different colours I chose.
 Prepping my first block of Sue Spargo's Fresh Cut.  My friend Uschi Grenier has kitted the fabrics with her hand dyed wools. She is still working on dying her wools and getting her website up. Click here for the link and sign up for her newsletter.
 I decided I wanted to change out the polka dot fabric for a smaller print. I'm working on some of the embellishing stitching.
 I've finished all the French Knots on this flower now.
 I couldn't resist Primitive Gatherings annual Thanksgiving Sale. I don't think I'll get this done for this year but I've traced all the templates. Now to prep the wool that came with the pattern.
 I couldn't resist this one either.  No kit just the pattern.
 This pattern spoke to me also, I don't think I'll add the borders but will decide once I get the blocks done.
 As always you get some free patterns along with a pin cushion kit when you buy during the sale.
Guess I better get stitching.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Our weather is nice but freezing, sure do miss getting out for walks.
That store looks like it will be nice when it is finished, lots of space for lots of fabrics.
I love the first pattern with the giant snowball heads, that looks like fun to do.
I see you have been busy with sewing too, beautiful blocks.
I need to clean up my room so I can get back to quilting.

Debbie

Anna said...

So much to take in on this blog post! The outdoor photos are spectacular...holy Moley is the quilt shop space huge! you are an incredible appliquer and I LOVE you new patterns...and the sewing baskets! Phewww....did I cover everthing, LOL

KaHolly said...

Such a newsy, chatty post filled with wonderful pictures. I’m especially loving your applique!

Susan said...

Those are some great patterns. We do tend to like many of the same things. That shop was amazing! Are they planning to fill it all with fabrics, or is some to be classroom space, or longarm space? What a wonderful place to have nearby!