Saturday 31 December 2022

2022 at an end.

 I has promised to try and post more in 2022 but when my Mom passed away in January I just couldn’t try.

She would have been 97 in May 2022.


Here she is on her 90th birthday.


I worked on a lot of cross stitch during this year.  This is one of a trio by Bonnie Sullivan.


This is a freebie I found and it is a favourite.


I need to get this one properly into its frame.  Another freebie.


We had some snow in early January.


Stitched using silk thread.


The crocuses started showing up.


Our weeping cherry trees put on a lovely show.


I did a We Women block swap online,


I designed a stitching wallet for my Block of the Month I’m doing with Sue Spargo.  I can’t share pictures of the actuall project but it’s called TradeWinds and has a fish theme to it.

The pictures are out of order but here is the interior of it.


I got the deluxe double project bag and designed to also design a mini quilt for the front of it 


Here it is all closed up.


The exterior when fully opened.


Another of many cross stitch projects I made this year.


I also designed these crows for my mini iron caddy.  They were inspired by my friend Uschi who dyes lovely wool and is a wool pattern designer.


Each bird is stitched slightly different than the next.


I designed a crescent moon for the front using the trellis stitch.


And a sunrise for the base.


In July I headed down to Oregon and met up with an online friend Audrey aka Stitchywitch42 on Instagram.


I made a brief visit to the Oregon coast to enjoy the salt air.


Then I went to Sisters for the Outdoor Quilt show.  The first since July 2019 that I’ve attended.


Net up with Anna from the Woolie Mammoth blog along with Stitch Roadies and Quilt Roadies YouTube channels.


One of several cross stitch projects that got frowned,


A little scissor fob I made


Along with some counting pins.


Our first snow of the season showed up on November 29th!


Chinese Lantern 


I went to the Fraser River Lodge for a quilt retreat,


Stitched on my circle sampler.


I got the borders on Midnight Escape.  This was a bird block swap that I decided need the bird to be in a large brass bird cage but managing ti escape.  Hand appliquéd.


As the snow turned up early I hung my finally bound Let It Snow designed by Buttermilk Basin.


Another circle camper stitched.


We had snow for the Winter Solstice.


Stolen from Facebook doesn’t he look yummy?


The courtyard view.


So true in Vancouver,  we got about 12” down on the quay.


The water feature froze up again.


King Tides and rain caused sine flooding in Vancouver but nit here on the quay.


From my @shhdesignsquilts account on Instagram.

And fron my @shhdesigns1 account on Instagram.


Have a Safe and Happy New Year,

1 comment:

Lori said...

Happy New Year Sandi!