Wednesday 12 January 2022

First finishes for 2022!

I started this project back in the summer it’s called Random Threads and is designed by Erica Michaels Designs.  I used Gloriana SIL threads one strand over 2 to stitch it.  It’s my first finished piece using silk.  I started another piece before this one but this one spoke to me a bit more,  it’s just under 6” square and I’m going to finish it as a small pillow.
I like to personalize my pieces by putting a moon and star somewhere in the design and as you will see the original design had a heart on it.

I also decided to add my initials and finishing date stitched 1 strand over 1 thread at the bottom.


Here is the pattern cover


My next finish in the same evening was Winter Wonderland from The Snowball by Thy Needle and Thread Brenda Gervais


I chose to stitch it on the Balsalt Splash Evenweave Lugana by Zweigart that I stitched my 3 snowmen on last year.  This also will become a pillow.


Happily Sunday was a lovely break from all the cold snow weather and before the current Atmospheric River started on Monday.  We are supposed to have at least 2 waves and up to around 100mm of rain.  Not as bad as the series we had in November,  but flooding is a possibility once again.

The ice has pretty much Ed left the river for the moment but there is a lot of debris stuck floating around.


I received a shipment from 123 Stitch on Monday and got these three patterns along with some linen for the snowman piece,  I also go some long awaited Garden Gate floss which was no where to be found for several months.  My Away We Ride was supposed to have it but I substituted another thread.




This is hopefully my next finish for 2022 I have some motifs to stitch and it will be done.  It is a free design from Plum Street Samplers call Coffin Buzz.


I saw this on Facebook the other day and couldn’t resist sharing it.


 

No comments: