Saturday 1 January 2022

Saying Good Bye and Welcoming a New Year.

We had the first white Christmas and many years with snow starting on Christmas Day.  We’ve and an Arctic Outflow warning working on 2 weeks so the snow was light and powdery


A few days later we had some more fall approximately 8” in total.  Today we may have more.  Our temperatures have hit record lows during this season.  Often as low as -2C which is extreme for my part of Canada,


There’s ice everywhere from our courtyard water feature.


To the Fraser River when I took these pictures the tide was coming pushing the ice to the east.  The sounds were amazing to hear.


In several places it jammed up against the dock.


Huge thick pieces of ice shifting and moving.


The second snow happened overnight and walking was difficult because of the powder snow.


No one was going very far very fast.


Last year I chose the phrase Inspiring Creativity as my word of the year.  I planned to try and blog more often but found the task not easy to do.  My January 1st post was the only one last year.  But I did post on my Instagram accounts.  One I focus on my photograph and the other my creativity thru quilting and cross stitching,  I hadn’t cross stitched in almost 20 years but have been busy with it during the COVID isolating.  Creative stitching has also kept me engaged.


I find there is a lot of disagreement and conflict in the world.  

Several years ago I found this small book and then tucked it away.  I found it a few weeks ago and decided that HARMONY would be my word for 2022.  I plan to read each quote, thought or poem for the day and help in small steps to bring harmony back into my circle of life.


 

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

Nice to see you on blogger today! Happy New Year! We were having unbelievably cold weather in Nova Scotia, too, as I was leaving to fly back to Texas. Although I was raised in the northeast, I can’t do the cold anymore. We’re having a frigid cold snap inTx right now and I’m struggling!