Sunday 22 January 2023

lunar New Year

The Autumn and Winter flowering shrubs and trees are not as plentiful this year due to the late Autumn drought and colder Winter temperatures we had this year.  But finally some are starting to out on their show.  The yellow Witch Hazel is always a late arrival.


This was an unexpected cloud formation at sunset the other day.  I love how it somewhat mimicked the form of the tree.



The orange Witch Hazel is a much bigger colour show than its yellow cousin.


It seems to have many more petals to them and are much denser on the branches,


Today is the Lunar New Year, I wish you luck, good health, wealth in the year of the rabbit,


 As part of my goal of Renew my word for this year I decided to pick up my Somthing’s Fishy BOM designed by my friend Uschi Geiner of Woolies on the Coast.  I’ve not stitched on it for awhile and it still needs a bottom sandy bottom border to be added.  As always I put some of my own twists and changed placements of her design.  I modified the seahorse from her design.

Last night I decided to stitch this rickrack guy.    I hadn’t yet done the bullion knots around the outside the French knots or the Palestrina stitching on the tail.  I’ve decided to move the mouth placement a bit lower as the fish is angling down to the right.


One of my favourite pieces to develop were the two jelly fish.  Trying different fibres for their tentacles amongst my collection.


I may still add some more stitching to them before they are done.



I love how these tentacles drift along side of the praying mantis,

Enjoy your Sunday and have a lovely Lunar Celebration.

No comments: