Sunday 18 June 2023

Busy Creative Month.

May was a busy creative month for me.  Sue Spargo was celebrating her 20th anniversary of her shop and had a free stitch along for 20 days.  She suggested wool fabrics along with cottons for background along with various tools, threads beads and other fibres,
I chose to go with a piece of wool called Cloud and worked with what I had on hand.  Sue suggested a background layout and I did my own design.  Then she suggested flower designs one most days.  She produced videos available on her YouTube channel on how to stitch the flowers.  

I decided to add my own frog into the design.

After we stitched our flowers we added various stitched, couched and other fibres for stems. Sue showed how to make ladybugs which I added to my piece. Can you spot my caterpillar?



She also explained how to make different leaves.  Bees were also suggested for the design.


I’m going to get my piece quilted and then share the finished piece .

Richard Kennair of Global  https://globalartisans.shop/ asked if some members of our Facebook group Friends of Sue Spargo folk-art would be willing to do some sample stitching for him.  I volunteers and suggested 4 designs I’d be willing to stitch.  The ones he chose for me were English Garden Needle Roll and Tea Bird Needle Book.  He had the kits along with the required cotton threads and embellishing threads directly to me.


The kits included zippers buttons batting along with the patterns and instructions.


Fortunately I had just bought this limited edition Yazzii bag from Sue Spargo that nicely need all the threads both cotton, wool and specialty ones in it for the English Garden Needle Roll.


And another one for the Tea Bird kit. Cotton threads and the kit.


Specialty threads.


Finished Tea Bird Needle Book


Inside each wool page has labels for the commonly used needle for wool appliqué and specialty stitching.





The two stitched pieces together.


Teeny tiny button detail on the back cover.


Huge button used to close the roll.


Detail of some of the stitching of the flowers in the vase,


All these scissors and threads easily fit inside,  the tiop hexagon is a wool pincushion with smaller cotton appliqués. Then a four page wool needle book both are stitched onto the roll.


Pencil, marking pen, ruler and tweezers stored in the inside flap.


All rolled up to take for a sit and stitch.


An addition to my not so toned down 90 day circle sampler.  A water lily with two Lilly pads and a frog climbing up for a rest.


I love making these frogs. This one is a bit of a gymnast getting up onto the lily pad.


See you again.  Happy Father’s Day missing my Dad








 

No comments: