Saturday 1 November 2008

Splashes of colour on the west coast of Canada.... This is the view from my balcony looking over the waterfall in the courtyard of my condo. The maple is in front of my living room window.
I love the sounds of the waterfall throughout the year, some years it has frozen and it is weird not hearing the water splashing in the background.
This maple is in front of my bedroom window, it was replaced a few years ago and has not yet been topped like the majority of maples in our courtyard.
Often they say if you see a lot of berries on trees it indicates a hard winter, I love the orange colour of these mountain ash berries.
These maple leaves covered a parking lot today at one of my local quilt shops.
A few blocks away I found this amazing display of maple trees lining a residential street.
This tree almost looks electric in it's beautiful red!
The sign says it all. Even rain didn't spoil this day.

1 comment:

The little book of Nessie said...

Your pictures are lovely. What brilliant colours! Autumn is a lovely season. Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures. Regards, Nessie