Thursday 23 May 2013

A gift for Sue and some floral inspiration

You remember I made a bookmark for my Creative Stitching book.


Here is a closer look at the prototype I made for myself. When Sue saw it she said she was going to "steal" my idea and I said I was glad to share it with her and could I make one for her?


This is my interpretation of her bird logo embellished with some of her creative stitches and some beading.


On the backside is my logo I use when signing my creative pieces.


I partially attached some ribbon before sending it to her so she can attach it to her book. Below is Uschi Grenier's piece from Wool Penny Rugs, she and her partner Kerry brought Sue up for our workshop and we have a Woolies group that meets at the Creative Edge Quilt Shop in North Vancouver.


Uschi took Sue's workshop in Bellevue Washington and leads our group.


She has done some lovely stitching on her leaves.


Here is another piece from the class.


This leaf was under construction during the workshop, she did a lovely job.


Another lovely stitched leaf.


Some inspiration an anemone from Rita's garden for inspiration.


A bit farther back a white poppy.


A pink/purple iris wet from a watering.


A lady bug hiding out on a rose bud.


A mini dandelion just about ready to spread its seed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: