Wednesday 16 October 2013

Mary Lou Weidman Hoochy Mama Basket Exchange

I just finished making the last of my 16 baskets for the latest Mary Lou on line swap.
 It is hard to see but I did my handles out of 8 different fabric strips sewn together and then cut on the bias and hand stitched them done. 
 I varied the order of the fabrics for a couple different colour runs but they reflect the colours used in the basket bottom.
 I also didn't match my bottoms, what came, came, some sit squarely some didn't.
 When I went to my guild meeting last week a member came over and asked why my handle wasn't centred, I answered because they are going to be wonky, i.e., hoochy baskets.  She gave a soft sigh, she isn't a Mary Lou style of person.
This picture shows all the fabrics that came in our Tonga Treats Sugar set from Timeless Treasures.  We also used Delft Sketch from Timeless Treasures.  I can't wait to send these off to Mari and see what comes home.  I've got a few ideas about designs, but until I get them all together I won't know if it works.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Such pretty baskets. Love the blue background too. Regards, Nessie

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Such fun wonky baskets ... I'm sure you'll have fun with all the blocks that you receive from the swap. :-)