Tuesday 24 June 2014

Summer Block of the Week Progress.

Friday evening I got my first mailing from Primitive Gatherings and I decided to trace off my patterns that evening for the first two blocks. Saturday afternoon I prepped and cut out my wools. Monday I decided to piece my first block to be ready to place my wool appliqué.


As you can see the outer leaves will cross over to the next blocks so they are not stitched down. Last evening I stitched down all my stems and most of the leaves and the wonderful black bird. There are still some small star flowers that also need to be added but I want to do the larger pieces first.


Today I'm going to finish my leaves and sunflowers and go onto the star flowers and embroidered stems. Then to piece the second appliqué block and pieced alternate block. This is a fun summer project, looking forward to the next mailing of four blocks already.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: