Saturday 21 June 2014

Welcoming The Summer Solstice.

Today is the Summer Solstice and I'd like to share a picture of my Summer Block of the Week.  This is Sunflower Gatherings by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop in Wisconsin.  My first two blocks arrived yesterday and last night I traced and cut out the templates for those blocks.  
There are a wool applique and a pieced block sent each week and this is a great looking quilt.  At first glance on May 7th I signed up and have been anxiously waiting its arrival.  Lisa has been sharing pictures of the quilt on her blog.  This photo is from her June 19th post.  To see some lovely detail pictures of the machine quilting that Linda Hrcka did check out this post on her blog The Quilted Pineapple.

Time to get busy!  Stay tuned for pictures of my progress.  Thanks Lisa and Linda for such a lovely collaboration.

1 comment:

quilt cookie said...

I love Primitive Gatherings patterns. I'm working on one of their BOM right now. Love this new one.