Tuesday 20 October 2015

Harrison Hot Springs 2015 Retreat

Friday morning I drove out to our annual guild retreat in Harrison Hot Springs.  I stopped along the way at Hamel's Fabrics in Chilliwack.  This shop has been in various locations since 1956; this is the most recent venue set amongst farms.
 I love driving up and seeing what seasonal display is on the porch.  Hamel's Fabric was featured in the latest Quilt Sampler magazine which I finally managed to get my hands on a copy!
 Lovely Crabapple Studios designs are popular here.
 I bought this pattern several years ago, love the crescent moon and star pumpkin...
 ...and the crow and stars one.
 Early arrivals setting up.  This year we had 40 participants in the large room, they also included a second design, ironing, breakfast room.  We then had a buffet set up for dinners in a third ballroom adjacent to each other.
 Starting to fill up.
 My number one project was to put these birds together in a small wall hanging.  It was an on line Mary Lou Weidman swap I received in July 2014.
 Starting to build from the bottom up.
 My table mate Wendy is working on a quilt for her grand daughter's tenth birthday next year.
 Cathy got this Cogs top together.
 Beckie has been working on Chrissie Down Under for 5 years, she got the top done, but I missed getting a picture.
 A completed square quilt to the left by Tricia, and a work in progress by Lorna.
 Celeste is working on a pumpkin table runner.
 Thinking of going in a slightly different direction...
Maybe some blue with something else...will think on it for awhile.
Playing with fabric is fun and trying new techniques out in your head can be challenging.  Need to draw a few things out and then cut the fabric.  What will be in the space?

4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your retreat looks great fun!! Between these blocks and bird dance you're surrounded by birds.

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a wonderful retreat and love your bird blocks, those will make a fun quilt.

Debbie

paulette said...

WOW!! Lots happening at your retreat! I have never been to Hamels! One day....

Anna said...

Great retreat photos and I love the looks of that quilt shop!