Thursday 29 October 2015

Stitching layers, I've got mail

Monday I finally started stitching down the first layers of texture on my bird blocks.


Tuesday I added some stitching texture to the blocks.some back stitching along with fly stitches and bullion knots. I also added some back stitching along the edge of the fabric after taking this photo.


Some French knots on the Rick rack, larger close fly stitches and some bullion knots.


The circle has some running stitching diagonal lines and back stitching around it. Random pistil stitches on the bottom. I also started whip stitching the first bird.


This is Judy's finished birds on her Sue Spargo pice from June, quilted, bound and ready to be hung on the wall. Love the bees and ladybugs she added.


Tuesday's mail brought the Winter Primitive Quilts and Projects.


Wednesday I got my To Plant A Flower, the freebie from Primitive Quilts this summer. I didn't participate in their summer block of the week, but ordered this when I saw the finished quilt. Last night I traced out all the templates, the blocks finished at 4"!


Time to finish whip stitching the last of my birds and start the embellishing stitches.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: