Monday 23 November 2015

Going Around In Circles Second Finish.

Last night I finished stitching the binding on my second piece from my class with Terry Aske. I'm very pleased with the finished look. I hand appliquéd the
piece rather than machine stitched it. Then machine quilted it.


I made my first flanged binding courtesy of Karen's Quilts, Crows and Cardinals tutorial. Again I hand stitched rather than machine stitched the binding as I wanted to change colours to line up with the segments of the quilt.


I used pink, turquoise and yellow threads to add to the colour wheel appeal of this piece.


I didn't mark the quilt but used the walking foot as a guide so at times things got a bit wonky.


Friday my friend Rita and I went to Fabricana for their customer appreciation day. I've never gone before and it was amazing to see how many people attended. Line ups for cutting often had 10-15 people in them, cash probably double. We both got some lovely fabric but I decided to also get some of these new mystery patterns. They are by Cantik Batiks as Canadian company. They will be released approximately every 6 weeks depicting 13 areas of Canada and the U.S.A. The first one was New Brunswick for Canada which they didn't have.


I've been to the Gulf Coast and seen Pelicans feeding in Galveston Texas.


I've driven through the Rockies both in Canada and the U.S.A. many times.


My plan is to get places I've been to or wish to visit as they are released. The patterns are designed for fusing, but are generous in their fabric so I plan to make mine traditional appliqué. They also kit some as individual wall hangings.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Sandi -- thank you so much for the blog comment and for the shout out on your blog and Instagram. Your quilt came out wonderfully -- I love how you changed colors on it (how did you get it to line up that way ??). Fantastic work -- thanks for sharing <3