Wednesday 6 January 2016

Finishing old projects. Slow stitching time.

Back in the Summer of 2010 I walked into The Cloth Shop to find Maria, one of the owners working on a new design.


She had one sunflower block made and I signed up knowing that the quilt was going to look like a garden of flowers.


I hand appliquéd all my flowers rather than fusing them as the block was designed, as I broke a bone in my foot shortly after getting the first block.


Here is the top from the shop.


Ethel hangs hers in her kitchen.


I got my top to the flimsy stage and it has sat, pinned with a few stitches quilted.


I've finally picked it up and have been working on it for about a week.


I'm loving that I did traditional appliqué.


I'm adding a bit more quilting to each of the flowers and then onto my backgrounds and borders...slow stitching time!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

The little book of Nessie said...

It is great to get to the process of finishing a quilt that has been started. It is well worth finishing. Regards, Nessie