Monday 11 April 2016

Monday evening...starting...

A new BOM by Sarah Fielke. I first saw it on her blog The Last Piece.  First as a pen and ink drawing and later as blocks started popping up on Instagram.  I decided to jump into the pool.  But I'm starting with Month 3 first.  Two applique blocks both are 12" finished.  Got them prepped and ready to sew.  I prefer freezer paper and starch method of applique.  Sarah is a needle turn gal.
 When I saw this bird I knew I had to jump in.  He/She has a wing that will also be added.  I've decided to stick with my black and white backgrounds as I've been cutting into them.  The star one I have a limited amount and will only use in this quilt, unless I have some small bits that won't work.
Off to stitch down some green branches.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your method works well, your appliqué is beautiful.

Debbie

Susan said...

How lovely they are. Is the first one the one that's finished for month 3? Really pretty. I'm a needleturn applique person, too, but one thing I've decided is that the method doesn't really matter as long as a person enjoys it and creates something beautiful.

Jennie in GA said...

Great start. Love the KF fabric in the bird!