Wednesday 20 September 2017

Lesson Learned? Measure twice cut once...

I put my borders and corners up on my design wall last night.  I have a bunny print that is directional that I want to rotate around the corners.  I was very focused but realized something didn't seem right.  Yes I realize the bottom wedge isn't in the correct orentation.
 The print in the bottom left corner with the dots and bunnies was my focus to make sure it stayed in the same orientation as I moved the larger quarter blocks around.
 Doing alright as I move it around but the light hadn't gone on as to my problem yet.
 Moved the bunny to the stem corner, yup that's right.
 And now to the bottom corner.
 Took pictures of each wedge with the two quarter sections where they are to be appliqued onto.  I'm keeping each flower in a separate plastic bag to keep things in order.
 Continuing along I think this bottom one seems a bit tight, hadn't notice the incorrect orientation yet.
 Also making sure that the houses at the corner have different colours.
 All photographed and ready to be added the next time I'm ready to stitch.  Off to bed and start reading a book but wonder what is wrong?
I'VE CUT THE STRIPS THE WRONG SIZE!  Fortunately I've got more of the fabric to re-cut to the correct size.  I thought about seaming at either end but am choosing to learn from my error and reverse stitch and restitch everything again.  I was planning on a different fabric for the next borders but can still use this large pieces for other projects and sub cut for other areas if needed.

LESSON LEARNED?  Measure twice cut once FROM THE CORRECT MONTH OF INSTRUCTIONS. 

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looked fine to me, lol. I am always doing that and I really have to focus when I cut and piece or it is all messed up.
I did that with Dani's quilt, was going to finish it last year and realized I had sewn on some squares in the opposite direction so I have to rip it apart and fix it.

Debbie

KaHolly said...

Ah ha! I'm not the only one! Glad you'll be able to fix it, because this is one beautiful piece!

Anna said...

I read it twice and maybe I am distracted by the beauty of this piece but I can't see the problem, LOL

Kyle said...

At least you had more of the fabric you wanted to use. Been there, done that!

Susan said...

Seeing it this way, it is not an instant pick-up of what's wrong, even knowing what you had done. I wondered why you hadn't seamed more on, but I see your point.