Tuesday 3 October 2017

Getting closer to being up to date!

Can you believe it's October already!  I picked up this witchy gal a few years ago and made a monthly marker for my Instagram account with her.
 Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk along the quay.  I'd just finished or so I thought the last large sunflower on the wedge borders for Down the Rabbit Hole.  There was a gathering of seagulls that slowly were chased off by this lone crow hanging out on the deadhead log.  The tide was coming in and some of the seagulls were looking like they were walking on water.
 The gardens are starting to be pulled up for the season.  The large square ones have had their plants taken out, new soil added and Spring bulbs being planted.
 I love the colour of these flower stalks of this succulent.
 Walking the dog wearing shorts, a short while late I saw some gals with ski jackets on. 
 I saw this picture on Facebook and stated that I'd seen everything except the Parka look this week.  Then my cousin called to say that Calgary was expecting about 7 cm of snow on Monday!

This is a small tree/brush that is on the quay.  About four weeks ago I saw some small white spiky star flowers on the plant and then I shared another of the second pod like structure.  Well they are blooming again.  I'm not sure what its called but I love the contrast of the pink fleshy star  and aqua round centre.
 Here are a few more that are just starting to crack open.



 This section of the quay was replaced this year and was late in being planted but caught up very quickly.
 I always miss the beauty berry and leaves, I tend to take pictures after the leaves have dropped or when some of the first snows are on them.
 This one was planted by my friend Rita.
 I think I'm going to see if she can give me a cutting to have in a planter on my deck.

 Caught this bee very busy gathering some nectar.
 She was very quickly moving around the blossom.
 Taken from another angle trying to get a good shot.
 One last try.
 After I sewed on my second narrow navy border I pinned the first set of borders on either side and sewed them on.  Then I went to sew the second set and realized I'd messed up badly.  I was ending up with two combinations at either end of the same row that were identical when everything was to be sewn on.  So last night I unpicked the offending circles and left the petals behind.
 Then when I pinned them I said *&() but before ripping things off again I realized I had flipped the top and bottom borders when pinning was was okay.  So my next task is to cut and sew the elongated hexagon border.  So I'm currently a month and a week behind but catching up quickly.
The next border is the rabbit/cat/flower border depending on you choice. It will be done over three months.  First month two borders with two rabbits and a large tulip between them.  The rabbits are leaping. There are I think three small flowers around the rabbit.  Next will be two sitting rabbits with a heart between them for the top and bottom border.  The last installment will be the vines and leaves and then the final square in a square variation border and we are done!  I think I'll trace out the rabbits and cut that border to trade off the elongated hexagon border to help maintain my sanity.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love your area, such a beautiful place to walk and the change of colors in the gardens.
I think that design has so much going on, hard to keep track of the different design pieces, lol.

Debbie

Anna said...

Fall on the Quay 💕 I love the thought of being almost caught up 😂😜

KaHolly said...

Gosh, you live in pretty surroundings! That is a very interesting pink/blue flower! I've never seen anything quite like it! This beautiful work of art younare creating is certainly challenging you!