Thursday 22 March 2018

Sunny day frustrations with happy ending

As you recall I had some computer issues last week and on Wednesday I was back up and running.  Well for about four hours when a Windows Security update again stalled this time at 85%.  Arg!  Back to see Lena at New West Laptops to discuss what to do. So I decided to get a second hard drive with a much faster speed but keep the old one so I don't lose all my pictures and documents or have to have them transferred onto a new drive.  Better yet she managed to get it all done before I could walk down take some pictures and enjoy a coffee!  She called as I was about a 1/4 of the way thru my large Americano.  I took the rest to go and went to get my baby back!
 I called her about anti virus software and found they had loaded a new one for free and didn't need any additional ones as they tend to slow down your machine.

On my walk the river tide was dropping and these seagulls were having fun having a bath in the shallows.
 There is a deadhead lodged into the riverbed and at low tide various birds like perching on the root ball.

When I plugged everything in I couldn't figure out how to access my original hard drive.  I tried doing it over the phone but promptly forgot a major step.  Back to the shop and Lena walked me thru it showing me while dealing with phone calls.

Back home and by the time I plugged it in lost the method.  Finally gave up and called and told her where I was and figured it out.  That gal is amazing and if you live on or around the New Westminster Quay I would suggest you go there first.  The best thing is I probably saved myself over $200 plus the pain and cost of transferring files onto a new CPU.
 One of the first hyacinths in bloom I've seen this year.
 Love these two coloured Daffodils against the ornamental grasses from last year.
 They are enjoying the lovely sun we had yesterday.
 Fun profile.
 Remind me of three three bears and Goldilocks lying in the flower bed.
 Love these little purple daisies that are popping up.
 They are smaller than a Canadian dollar coin.
 Nestled under some shade of the trees.
 They come in a very pale, medium and darker purple.
Today I'm staying in as it has turned very wet and rainy and I need to enjoy a quiet day alone.  Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Computer issues are no fun! This last one for you wasn't so painful since it was taken care of so quickly. More quilt making time.

WoolenSails said...

Glad that everything worked out with your computer.
Love your areas and seeing the photos, such a beautiful place to live and enjoy nature, but still be in the midst of things.

Debbie

Anna said...

loving the flowers...hating the computer issues...grrrrrr

Radka said...

Your spring seems well advanced; I love the Anemone Blanda (the little blue daises), we had lots of them in our old garden.
Enjoy your weekend,
xx

Susan said...

I love days alone. Thank you so much for always posting such beautiful pictures of the flowers in your area. I always have good intentions here, but they are not paving the way to Heaven!