Saturday 9 June 2018

Woolies On The Coast at Quilt Canada 2018.

I wanted to spotlight a booth at Quilt Canada by my friend Uschi Greiner. She is one half of a former team that brought in Sue Spargo to teach in Vancouver twice.  I've known Uschi for several years first working in a quilt shop, then owning one of her own and now as a dyer of wools, silk velvets and linens along with teaching how to stitch with wool.
 She had a small booth at Quilt Canada which was filled with shoppers each time I went by it.
 Uschi has done several of Sue Spargo's Blocks of the Month.  She has also stitched several of Wendy Williams wool pieces.
 This her new Block of the Month Something;s Fishy that Uschi designed and dyed the wools for.
 She just got it back from Tess Strauss at  Wildflower Quilt Studios just a day before she set up her booth.
 I know she plans on a few more added touches but it is spectacular to see in person.
 The quilting from Tess is just perfect for the piece!
 I think I'll be signing up for this wonderful piece.
 Gosh I wish I'd read that note on her sign...oh well!
 This is Sue's Fresh Cut BOM which has just been released in book form.
 Uschi winds sampler bobbin with wool threads for purchase along with carrying Sue's Eleganza line of cotton and rayon thread.  She also sells hand dyed threads and all sorts of other goodies.
 Her silk velvets are wonderful and she recently has started using some new dye colours that I cant wait to see.
 Please let me introduce to you Ursula "Uschi" Greiner.  Her new website Woolies on the Coast should be up and running soon.

3 comments:

Radka said...

How lovely! Thank you for sharing :-)
xx

WoolenSails said...

Love the booth and the quilts and the fish one is gorgeous, would love to make that one.

Debbie

Susan said...

The fish project is wonderful, and I know you're going to love doing it. I would have loved being there to see her booth, as well as others. I was at a much smaller show!