Saturday 18 August 2018

It's mid August already!

I've had a lot going on this summer and blogging has fallen by the wayside to say the least.  Back to Sisters on the day of the show.  The Sisters Saloon is part of Jean Well's family history and where she started her quilt shop.
 The store to the right of this building is where I first went to her quilt shop.
 As I recall I think there was a second level to the store but this was in the early nineties that I went so I may be mistaken.
 I found this lovely Down the Rabbit Hole quilt on display.
 Better yet Lisa Mortell was there with friends telling them about it.
 Check out her details.
 She added some whimsical embroidery to the centre of her rabbit hold.  She also changed some of the houses and added some embroidery to make it her own.
 Love this story quilt that looks like it may have been inspired by Mary Lou Weidman story quilts.
 I like the mix of of modern buildings and scrappy stars in this piece.
 Looks a bit futuristic in their design.
 I love the wonky stars and the addition of some hand quilting in this piece.
 Details.
 I love the colours in this piece.
 This quilt really caught everyone in my walking groups eye.
 Check out the machine quilting.  I love that it is an asymmetric design.
 It took us awhile to figure out what was around the quilt due to some of the fabric choices. Starting on the left side Mountains streams Tall pines Wildflower dreams Time with Thee.
 Details.
 This feather star was lovely.
 This was made by one of the British quilters who came and visited Anna.

Details.
 Another British visitor. Didn't get her details.
 Looking down the main highway thru town which gets blocked to traffic.
 The finished wall of quilts outside the store.





 Love this one, I believe it is one of the Stitchin' Post designs.
 Great colours.
 Thank goodness I'm tall, this was only the top half of the quilt with people standing in front.  Loved the rounded squares that were used to quilt the blocks.
 Love the scale of this bird.
 Lucky me my car was in shade when I returned to it.  Lasted until about 1 but it was getting warm so I headed off to explore some of the quilt shops in Redmond and Bend.

5 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Looks like you had a lovely time viewing all those quilts. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Nessie

Susan said...

That brings back memories! Yes, there was an upstairs, I'm 97% positive. Thanks for sharing all these lovely quilts. Maybe someday I'll go again.

KaHolly said...

What a fun trip! I’m so envious, even though I know I’d have been slightly overwhelmed! Thanks for sharing all of these delicious and inspirational pictures!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful show and so many different styles. I really love the modern quilts, smaller quilts but they speak volumes. I feel inspired when I see them, not sure if I have it in me to do them, so we will see.

Debbie

Radka said...

Some great quilts, thank you for sharing!
xx