Monday 27 August 2018

Quilt Shops In Sisters area.

Stopped in at the Stitchin' Post on Friday before the show as on Saturday you need a shoe horn to get around the shop.  Valori has taken over from her mom and changed a lot of things around the store.
 Love how the quilts are hung up high around the shop.
 This whimsical house quilt caught my eye.
 Taking a step back you can see how the quilts are hung above the items for sale.
 There is an office space above the store floor.
 This was one of their past row by rows.
 They didn't participate in the Sew Musical row this year.
 Love this Stephen Nichols quilt.
 Some of Valori's Marmalade Dreams line samples.
A quick trip over to Redmond to check out Material Girls and their block for the Sew Musical row by row.  This year they had several different ideas for the rows and block orientation.
                            
 I headed over to Bend and went to Quiltworks and checked out their gallery where some Tree themed quilts were on display.  You can read the information about them following the images.









 The other side of the gallery had various artists, sorry I didn't get all the details but enjoy the pictures.






 BJ's Quilt Basket in Bend has a wonderful selection of fabrics.
 It was a busy shop on show day.
 Cutting tables had lines on both sides.



I forgot to take pictures at Sew Many Quilts on my visit, it was a long hot day but will next year.

 I picked up this piece at the Sister's Show.  It is about 44" x 88".
 Not sure what it was meant to be as one of the orange sides is hemmed and the other isn't.  The bottom and top were not finished.
 At first I thought there was some sun wear but the yellows are different fabrics.
 It is all machine pieced!
 I'm so impressed with how well it was made.  I think I'll quilt it and put it down the middle of my dining table.
 This is the vertical row by Carrol at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop in Smokey Point/Arlington Washington.
 She always does a wonderful piece.
Back at home I was happy to see this view for the first time in several weeks.  We are having a lot of smoke from all the fires in the area.
 Despite the lack of rain and broken sprinklers our trees have been watered by ground floor residents the centre strip of grass has suffered.  We did get about 36 hours of light rain on the weekend and a bit better air quality but Sunday as rated as poor again.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

It's interesting how each shop has a distinct personality. Love the vintage piece you picked up. It will be lovely quilted.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful shop and I love the wonky houses, that is a fun one.
Glad to see the sun again, I hope it stays and the smoke clears out.

Debbie