Sunday 3 January 2021

Hello 2021 Good-Bye 2020

A lovely sunset ending the year that was and a promise of things to come.
It was there in a flash and then gone.
I decided to start a new cross stitch project on January  1st Begin.  But was delayed because my chosen fabric wasn't wide enough for it.  Also the thread legend only shared 4 of the 9 symbols.  I've written to the company for a correct sample.
Let's hope 2021 brings those of us with travel lust a chance to explore again.
I started a Wintersal with Stitchonomy just before Christmas.  Every 3 days you get another mystery row to add.
Here is day 2 of Begin.  Both those threads have symbols.
I luckily had a 20'"x20"  piece of mystery linen that I could get started with.
Looking back on December we had several snowy days on the mountains but not always down at sea level we got the rain.
 A long ago stitched project finally got quilted and hung for this year.
Along with an older round robin I had tucked way.
I found this needlecase I stitch for my bear making days.
I'm not sure who designed that moon but I'm glad I stitched it.
We did get some snow just before Christmas and I think a tiny bit was still there Christmas morning.
But it quickly melted away.
New dusting on the mountains.
My kit for the Wintersal.
Unexpected rainbows and prisms.
Two needle punch projects that need a bit of finishing.
I'm sure I added the moon to both and the star onto the pumpkin.
This is for an upcoming BOM that I'm starting at the end of the moth,
Ironically this is the book with the instructions as I print them off.
And these are the two scarves I probably wear the most.
Working on my Bee Sampler.
Lots of grey rainy days lately.
This courtyard fails to produce wonderful pictures.
November colours.
We had quite a show this year.
Wet Japanese maple leaves.
Mushrooms became a favourite thing to hunt this Autum.  Sometimes you had to look closely to see them between the leaves and plants.
Some wonderful colours in the sky.
Sunsets can be gorgeous here.

A Full Moon pumpkin growing in the front yard of a home.
Echinacea in many different colours this year.

This toadstool was amazing at one point I thought someone had pulled it out but it continued to bend back up straight eventually.
A few days later.
Beautyberry always a favourite.
Canada Geesr going for a training test flight.
Not quite in formation but straightening out. And the nose they made taking and yelling at each other as they took off was remarkable.
Always looking for the bees.
Sunset colours.
The City planted some mixed colours along the boardwalk this year.
I love this finish, of course the moon and star were my additions.
Here is the original I also changed some colours.
Love this one.
Clouds mimicking the mountains usually seen.
I finally got my Sisterhood together and have started quilting it.
This beauty was growing outside Rita's front door.
The vines actually grew all the way down to the sidewalk and gardens by summe'rs end.
A neigbour eigted me with with wonderful old pieced quilt.
Trying some different techniques with different threads.
Rubeckia.
Bee
1 of 2 bird blocks and I've made two basket blocks.
A breath of fresh air with a dear friend Rita and enjoying some lobster rolls.
Lots of exploring with hand stitching.  Bullion tendrils have 60-90 wraps.
Shasta daisy based on a photo.
Bullion drizzles some with beads on the end.

Shasta daisy which inspired the one in thread.

Summer photo in all its lush greenery.
Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show was cancelled but I still bought a bag.
Beautiful clouds.
Another bee project.
Part of a lovely display by the city gardeners.
Words to Inspire.
I never tire of the views and the sounds of the quay.
Beautiful form and colour.
The boardwalk was closed for several days due to the risk of flooding and more the huge amounts of debris being washed down fearing damage to the boardwalk.  Thankfully it reopened within the week.
You can't even see the measure stick at the end of the division marker.
Back of a project back I made several and need many more.
Front of another with a thread catcher inside.
Back of a third.
Another lovely walk.
Love this saying.
Two bags I mad in June.
Love this rice bag designed by KZ Stevens she also designed the side handle gusset tote above.
A peek inside.
Exploring the same stitch in different threads.

 One of my favourite project was the Bee Queen of the Needles case I made.  Tricky as it had 2 sides and 3 sections that needed to be centred.  Here it is completely opened from the outside.

Here is the inside.  I changed the size of the frame to allow more room for the needles.
Here it is partially opened.
And fully closed.
More to come than last year I hope.  I hope you all are healthy and safe as are your families and friends.

Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

You have been busy, a lot of beautiful quilts and stitcheries.
Enjoyed seeing your photos, a lot of stunning scenes and the sunsets are gorgeous.

Debbie

Susan said...

What a lot of lovely projects mixed with gorgeous nature of your environment. I've missed this!