Tuesday 11 February 2014

Birthday surprise...

On Sunday I had dinner with ten friends and was surprised with some lovely quilt blocks they made for me. Today at guild some other friends added to the collection. I've not been told how many people were invited to make these blocks but the guidelines were to use bright colours. If you visit my blog very often you may have noticed I love photography and quilting and Tricia figured out a way to "Capture the Moment" for my special day. Hey, that just might be the quilt name when I get it together.


They were also asked to sign their blocks on the camera lens.


My friend Tricia who co-ordinator this swap and handed out instructions and the black and white background.


She set March 11 as the deadline to hand them in so I guess I have more to come.


Opps! I just noticed this one has one of the pieces flipped.


Here are four together.


The blocks are 9" x 11" unfinished.


I think this is going to be a lovely project. I just may have to make some photographs to add to the cameras. Thank you everyone who has participated in this project.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

paulette said...

Brilliant!!! Happy Birthday!!
P

The little book of Nessie said...

Great blocks. Happy Birthday! Regards, Nessie

KaHolly said...

Somebody certainly had their thinking cap on!! What a precious, memorable idea! Happy birthday to you!