Wednesday 24 February 2016

Fondling fabrics.

Last night I did a running stitch around another 49 circles to help in turning a seam allowance when ironing.


Yesterday I went to the Aberdeen Shopping Centre to pick up a few more binders. Of course the light display blinked off just as I took the photo. As you can see the Daiso store has two levels. The vast majority of products are $2.00.




These are the folders I use to keep my Sue Spargo Bird Dance blocks organized. They come with 20-30 plastic sleeves.


Such a choice of rainbow colours.


Leaving the main entrance.


I also stopped in at Fabricanna, I think these will be my Buttermilk Basin Let it Snow backgrounds. They are more a denim blue than grey.


I couldn't pass up these fabrics for another project.

 And a couple black and whites for circles?
Love these banners in Richmond.


Found this project the other day, the calendar envelope is dated 2000! The same year Stitches 'n' Things closed.


Needs a pressing but I'm going to pick it up again.


Off to my wool appliqué group in a bit. Have a good day being creative!

3 comments:

paulette said...

WOW!! Loved the shops! Lucky you to get to visit these! Love your choice for the Let it Snow blocks!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Whew Am so happy to learn I am not the only person who fondles fabric!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I had to look up Daiso--never heard of it before. I sure looks like a fun place to spend some time shopping!