I then enlarged it and darkened the faint pencil lines.
I made some applique templates and chose my fabrics and them interviewed two backgrounds.
Both have lovely script on them. I decided to use the wrong side of the basket fabric to show the inside of it.
Then I laid out my pieces to approximate the finished block size of 16" to see how long to make the bias stems.
Then I tucked a possible fabric for the handle.
I decided to use the darker background and started stitching.
Friday evening I had finished the block. I realize I didn't make the lone dropped petal. I'm still thinking of adding it or may add several more. I can't wait to see what is suggested for the next border.
Thanks Lori for pushing me to go ahead with this idea. I love my Windblown Tulips in a Basket.