Monday 9 May 2016

Whew! Just made it!

I can't believe I waited until the last minute.  I started working on these baskets almost as soon as Dawn Heese shared the patterns.  Picking out this cute grey wool and the blue plaid for the baskets and tacking all the pieces down.
 All I needed to do for over two weeks was do the decorative stitching on the pieces.  Don't you love the wool I used for the strawberry basket?  I found it at Value Village quite some time ago.  It is a Wool Felt Skirt made in Japan!  I knew it would be perfect for a basket.  If you check Dawn's post here you will see she gave the basket a scalloped edge, perfect for this hem edge of the skirt.
 I also changed colours of the flowers in this block.
 Saturday I started stitching on the Strawberry basket.  I used 12 Perle cotton on the grey as I didn't want the stitching to overpower the delicate eyelet look to it.  This morning I finished the little black seeds on the strawberries.

Then I started onto the blue basket but last night I put it away for the evening. The last bit was stitching the light blue stripes and the darker blue on the basket.

 Then this morning I read Dawn's newest post and she release the new baskets today!  So I quickly finished them off.  Here are the pair side by side.

 Here are all my baskets to date.  I'm loving this project and having a bit of fun with the embellishing stitches but not going overboard. I'm happy to say I've printed off, traced and cut out the newest set of templates for the next two baskets.  Now to decide on wool colours.



2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those are so fun with the colors you used, I haven't even started mine.

Debbie

Susan said...

I DO love the skirt piece you used on the basket. What a perfect find that was! All of your baskets are just lovely together. What a great project. I have saved the patterns, but I haven't done any yet - no time to add wool to the schedule this year.