Thursday 2 June 2016

365/366 Circle Quilt Project Confessional.

Forgive me for the sad state of my circle stitching.  I confess that I've not stitched one circle block this month despite having prepped all my circles and pinning a few in place to start.  I'm getting together with friends tomorrow to stitch and this will be my project.  I'll post later when finished and share a few close ups of some of the significance as to why I picked certain fabrics.
 Here a few stash fabrics that will be coming up.  Some will be for later months such as the sugar skull fabrics and I have many more to choose from.  Summers spent on bicycles as a child and enjoying photographing flamingos in Kenya and on holidays visiting the San Diego zoo.
 Some future black and white fabrics to cut into.
 Some new online and local purchases that may make appearances.
 Others may not but called my name.
 Bright oranges and yellows and another great black and white.
Time to pin a few blocks to sew tomorrow and then consider cutting some more background squares.  Linking up with the Quilty Folk blog for their party.

8 comments:

KaHolly said...

I have not worked my circles in a few weeks, either. I need to get some st up - I'm hand appliquing mine. Love that (simple) handwork! You've built quite a lovely stash! I'm a big fan of black prints. Have a good afternoon! XO

paulette said...

Love your low volumes!!

The little book of Nessie said...

Good luck with your stitching. Lovely eye candy you have to use. Regards, Nessie

Anna said...

love your fabrics...and I totally understand those times where a project goes on the back burner :)

Marly said...

I love your black and white backgrounds: they really make the coloured circles pop!

Susan C. said...

I am feeling the slow down too...is it because we are near the half way point and like a marathon we may have run too fast at the beginning? I have some of your fabrics too, great taste I must say.

Susan said...

Summer is here and there's less time spent inside by most people, so I'm sure a lot of people are slowing down. Your sewing day should have helped, though! Looking good, anyway!

Glenda said...

Hope you get your mojo back for your lovely wee blocks, so many wonderful fabric there to play with making squares and circles. Cheers Glenda