Saturday 16 April 2011

Aloha!

March 31st my mom and I left from Vancouver International Airport for a 15 day trip to Hawaii.  This lovely Bill Reid sculpture is in the international arrival/departure building and is an amazing piece of Haida art.
 Our next morning we took a free trolley down toward the Royal Hawaiian Shopping area and enjoyed a walk amongst the shops and enjoyed the tropical flowers.
 The hibiscus were definitely an eye catcher.  I love this colour of pink with the yellow stamen.
 Here is my mom standing with Diamond Head in the background.  The cauldron would be amazing when lit in the evening.
 A peaceful koi pond with rocking chairs to enjoy some solitude.
 I love the curve this ginger decided to take.
 This wrought iron fence was very inspirational of the vegetation around the island.
 This is a lovely sculpture of Victoria Cleghorn, she has six other Hawaiian names that I'm afraid I may misspell.  There is also a peacock that she is feeding she lived from 1875-1899.
 This lovely mural is in the King's Court shopping mall.
 A yellow hibiscus, just lovely.
 This was in a courtyard shopping mall.
 A farmer's market set up at King's Court on Friday night.
 Some more tropical leaf motifs used in the architecture of a building.
Our first day in Hawaii was a special time.

No comments: