Wednesday 18 December 2013

Ready to be quilted

I decided that I wanted to get a couple of snowman UFO's finished up. This one was in Primitive Quilts and Projects. It is a Primitive Pieces by Lynda Hall, called Cold Days. It just needs to be sandwiched and quilted. I'll be pinning it shortly and will start on it tonight. Lynda has a blog here.

I added my signature moon and star and my initials to the from of the piece.


I chose a black and white snowflake flannel for this piece and used a lot of recycled wools I've picked up or felted myself.


Rather than button hole stitch around the pieces I had fun with various stitches. I think I'll put a button on the bird one the piece is quilted.


Love this cross-eyed joyful guy.


This guy is photo bombing from above.


This one is balancing a package on his head.


Last night I finished the last of the stitching on Frosty Mugs by Threads that Bind. I got this as a kit from the Dorr Mill Store, they have a special of no shipping the the U.S. And 50% for international orders. Their kit is a good deal. You get all the wools including a backing (I'm keeping the backing for another project) for $35.00! I've seen it for a lot more on other shops.


I've decided to use a red cotton that had a window pane check look to it.


I'm still toying with adding a moon and star to the top of the piece. But will get the batting and backing ready and then make a final decision. It wouldn't take long to do a last minute addition.


Here is a picture that comes with the pattern, it is a fun piece to do. Check Dorr Mill Store here.


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: