Thursday 4 August 2016

Gwennie Inspired Medallion QAL update.

 Here are my bright Gwennie Inspired Medallion baskets with the log cabins added.  I decided to add a few more bright citrus coloured fabrics and a clay shade of orange.  I also added a Kaffe Fasset print that I had in my fabric library.
 Here is where it was last month.
Here is the second bright top where it ended this month.
And where it was last month.

I'm still working on the more traditional basket medallion logs but wanted to get this post in.  Just to remind you this is where it is right now.
See you next month I'm linking with Lori of Humble Quilts for this round.  Katy is has chosen Stars as our inspiration for next month, check out what she shared with us for inspiration.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

It looks like you are working on three medallion quilts? Amazing! Do you have a favorite?

Your fabrics on the first two are knock-your-socks-off bright, cheerful, happy. I love the striped fabric you included in the log cabin blocks. It adds a lot, I think. I'm looking forward to seeing the logs on your more traditional basket, too.

--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Anna said...

I love your creative inspiration...I am going to work on adding some creative moments to my life :)

KaHolly said...

Just gorgeous! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more! XO

Kyle said...

I like how the basket handle fabric seems to tie the sections together. Those first two Gwennie style quilts are dynamite. Love your style.

WoolenSails said...

Your baskets are beautiful and the colors are really beautiful.

Debbie

Susan said...

They are both wonderful with those improv log cabins. I love your traditional basket the best, but I appreciate these bright happy ones, too.

The little book of Nessie said...

Those baskets look great. Nice and bright! Regards, Nessie

Lori said...

Perfectly Gwennie inspired! Nice work!

Karen said...

I see that you have used the black and white from the center in your log cabin blocks. Well chosen.

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

I love all of your quilts! So Gwennie-inspired! Can't believe that you are doing THREE!!!

Diane Harris, Stash Bandit said...

Oh my goodness, these are FABULOUS! I especially love the final green one with the flowers in a vase. Can't wait to see where it goes, but it could be finished as is. You're wonderfully wonky!

Carol said...

Love those baskets, and your colors are DELICIOUS!!
❤️