Tuesday 30 August 2016

Row by Row Tour de Fraser Valley.

Last week I decided to drive out to the Fraser Valley and pick up some of the row by row patterns from a few shops I rarely go to.  The first stop was at Hamill's in Chilliwack.  I've always loved this shop and it has been a main stay of Chilliwack for many years.  A few years ago they moved the shop out into the farmlands so it is a pretty drive off the highway to get there.  They carry some of Primitive Gatherings and All Thru the Night wool patterns amongst some very modern fabrics and batiks.
 Love this whimsical owl embroidered piece.  I think it is by a local designer.
 Love that guy hanging upside down.
 This place is stuffed to the rafters and has an upstairs I didn't go up to this visit.
 Here is their winning quilt.  Their row is on the bottom.
 They have a small but colourful selection of wool.
 With a bit more adjacent.
 And a bit more.  They also carry DMC six strand embroidery thread and Valdani Perle cotton.
 Cute Kimberbell pillow for Summer.
 Here is they row.

 Next I drove into Chilliwack to Country Folk which is in the old Hamill's Fabric shop!
 Here is their winning quilt.
 They had the Spring Kimberbell pillow on display.
 Back to Abbotsford and A Great Notion to pick up their row.
 They also have a second store in Surrey where I found this row.
 They also offered this second bonus row for purchase as a kit that I've not seen anywhere else.  It is a row by row fundraiser.  I may have to go and get one.
I also stopped in at Castle's Sewing in Surrey, I didn't realize they have a very small selection of fabrics along with sewing machines for sale.  I think their pattern is digitalized for embroidery but will probably try and do it by hand.


I then went to Tom's Sewing in Surrey but forgot to take a picture of their row and then to Burnaby Sewing Centre and got their row.  Country Folk, Tom's Sewing and Burnaby Sewing Centre are all owned by the same family.

So here are the row patterns.  The only stash enhancement was a piece of Soft Fuse to try out.

Hamil's Pattern.

Country Folk, love the Herons, I often see them in the river feeding outside my condo.
 Abbotsford.
 Surrey/Langley.
 Surrey Castle's Sewing Centre.

Tom's Sewing Centre.
 Burnaby Sewing Centre.
 When Anna and I visited in La Conner, I mentioned I had a wool teapot block of the month from The Quilted Strait from many years ago.  Well I pulled it out and found I've stitch 6 of the 12 blocks.  They still have some lovely buttons to add but they may be damaged by heat so I'll add them once the top is quilted.  The BOM started in September.
 Not a cat person but love this guy.
 Great pumpkins Charlie Brown!
 Figgy pudding for Christmas.
 Snowman's face will be done in buttons.
 So I cut some fabric and did the embroidery for the last six months.
 And almost have completed March.  Can you guess what it will be?
Enjoy your week!

4 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Those teapots are worth finishing. Great you rediscovered them again. I guess we are all the same on that score! Enjoyed seeing all the row by rows. Regards, Nessie

Kyle said...

Wow! What an awesome collection of rows. It's amazing to see how creative all the different shops are. It's become quite the phenomenon.

KaHolly said...

Great post! All those Row by Rows are gorgeous! Yes, finish those adorable teapots! XO

Susan said...

I know there's a rainbow in there! I love the teapots, so glad you are finishing them. The rows look great. How many have you collected? It seems like a lot!