Friday 26 August 2016

Row by Row Road Trip Day 3

There are some wonderful building in the Skagit Valley and this barn I found quite lovely as I drove towards it.
 Here is a side view of this same barn.
 And how close it is to the house beside it.
 Farther down the road is this gorgeous old Victorian styled home.  It has always been a favourite of mine.  A shared a photo with a former patient of mine and she painted a water colour of it form me as a thank you.
 But some of the barns have been left to the weather.
 Love the ventilation detail on the top of this one.
 I'm sure it did a good service to the family that it supported over the years.
 I also found this one to be quite interesting.
 Not sure if that is algae or some residue of paint ball activity.
 More of this lovely lady at a later date.  I got to meet Sylvia Pippen and see some of her amazing quilts and some new things she is about to release.  Many thanks to Anna for letting me come along.
 After Anna and I had lunch an a visit to the La Conner Quilt Museum I dropped her off at the new R.V. park than G. moved their vehicle to and headed north.  A quick stop in Bellingham at Two Thimbles to see their row and take a quick look around.  If you are using a gps to find this shop it is located toward the back of a parking lot beside some other buildings not directed on the street.
 They allowed me to share some of their lovely fabrics and quilts.
 They do some lovely displays and vignettes in this cupboard.
 A touch of modern and a large selection of reproduction fabrics can be found here.
 Interesting angles to the displays.

 Love this quilt.
 A touch of Christmas beside a modern piece.
 Next up was a trip over to Lynden and a visit to Folk Tales.  This shop has an array of wool applique, stitchery and cotton fabrics.  It was getting very warm and close to home so I didn't tarry long.  I love the added little buttons they used on their row.
 A little sampling of the wool applique outside their front door.
 Are these vintage trailers not too cute?
 All these goodies are part of their outdoor display.
 Next up was Calico Country.  Sorry no pictures inside.  The state fair was going on and I needed to head on.
 My last stop for the day was Tangled Threads. Lynden has a very large Dutch heritage.  My Grandparents used to love coming to visit this sweet community.
 The final stash report.  Thanks to Anna I got this fun license plate from her trip to the beach.
 I picked this one up in Port Gamble.
 From Two Thimbles I got two black and whites.
 Another black and white from Calico Country.
 I couldn't pass up a package of buttons from Folk Tales.  They will be participating in the Woolie Block so I'll be back to check it out in October!
 Love black and white stripes and these were a bit curvy for a change.
 When I got home and checked my mail I had some other new goodies from Buttermilk Basin waiting for me.  Four mini seasonal truck patterns.
 A Christmas and larger truck mat for Spring.
 And I couldn't resist this vintage trailer and truck kit.
 One last picture to share of my new boyfriend.  Anna's lovely dog Enzo took a shine to me when I visited their first R.V. site in La Conner.  I took several pictures close up of him.  This first one makes me think he is saying.  Maybe if I don't look at her she will put that thing away.
Then the side eye saying, nope she still is pointing it at me.
Then finally a face on saying maybe if I look but don't smile she'll put it away.  Which I did, thanks Enzo!
Have a lovely weekend!  I'm hoping things will cool off we've been hovering around the high 20's low 30's the past few days.  Don't like it that hot!

5 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Love the pictures of the old barns. The quilt shops were lovely to see. You I'll be keeping yourself busy! Regards, Nessie

Susan said...

More wonderful adventures. I try to see some pattern in your fabric acquisitions, but it seems as if you have a different plan each day. LOL Love the shops, love the barns. Paul used to take pictures of old barns, too. He loved the falling down ones. Thanks for sharing your day's adventures. Looks like a very well-behaved dog. Your comments made me laugh.

WoolenSails said...

Those barns are wonderful, love seeing them when we travel and getting photos.
Lots of great shops and row quilts, fun seeing them.
I love the photo of Enzo, what a face, lol.

Debbie

Kyle said...

Always enjoy your travelogues. You've had a great trip this time. Along with the famous Enzo. :0)

Anna said...

Love the old barns...so much history! Enzo is a fan of yours for sure.