Sunday 25 December 2016

Santa Comes But Once A Year

Bringing Toys and Cheer...ho ho ho.  I finished the applique on this little Cheri Payne quilt last night just before midnight.  It needs the words to be embroidered along the top and side of the quilt.  I plan on doing that today while waiting for the turkey to cook for dinner tonight.
 I started appliqueing the Santas just about noon on Friday.
 A closer peek at Santa, I'll add buttons for eyes once it is quilted.  All the backgrounds have stars on them.
 You might be able to see that three of the branches have words on them.  The top says Spirit, the fourth says Kindness Wonder and the bottom says Share the Love, Feel the Joy.
 Got my Christmas tree up last night, it was a swap of Christmas ornaments with my Mary Lou Weidman group.  We all used the same background and then put them together as we wished.
 I also hung my favourite Primitive Gatherings Winter Banner.
We still have snow on the ground but not expecting any to fall today but maybe tomorrow.  It is sunny and bright.  Have a very Merry Christmas with family and friends.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your really worked fast on that one and it came out beautifully.
I plan on making all the things I put off, and hopefully have them all done for next year, a year of christmas for me.

Debbie

KaHolly said...

Just loving the Santa quilt! Your house looks very festive! XO

paulette said...

I have been watching these Santas take shape...SEW cute!! Another pattern went on my Bucket List!!

Susan said...

The Santa quilt is great. I like all your Christmas decorations. It's s much fun to have so many things to display which include parts of things from friends and fellow quilters.